I was told a long time ago that I had a knack for writing.
What I had never thought though was that I would take that knack and make it my major in college. I never thought I quite had that “oomph”, that “pow!”, that ” Holy shit… That was the best…*sniff*… writing, I have ever read from an 18 year old child…mmmkay?” and so I was (and still am) scared to pick a major that I have no way of knowing I can succeed in. So I figure that I will type away to my heart’s content hoping that as I do I can form some kind of style of writing that will hopefully help me in my ‘daring’ major choice and create that “oomph” that I, at least, am looking for… and maybe help me not to be so psychotic in real life. So strap in!
I have personal life rules. Simple rules, but important ones at that. And there are only 5 of them.
– Be positive no matter what the emotional turmoil is. The ice cream you have been looking forward all to day has been eaten? No matter. Cry for a second, move on, then realize that it is probably for the best that you couldn’t curl up with the carton and a huge serving spoon and eat away your emotions while watching Bridezillas. You would have gotten fat anyways.
– Take long showers- Nothing feels better than steamin’ it up for a good thirty minutes.
– Read ANYTHING- Books, magazines, newspapers, your facebook wall, the backs of shampoo bottles… Something. It preoccupies your mind from daunting things like going to work. Or trimming your cats toenails.
– EAT GOOD FOOD. No more words. Just stuff your face with raviolis and cheesecake.
– Have adventures. You wanna go learn how to speak Russian?! Do it. You wanna go spalunking with your cat?! Do it. You wanna fall in love with your neighbors niece?! Do it. Life is meant to be lived, not wasted.
This is me in a pistachio shell. Not nutshell. Only because I like pistachios better than like walnuts, and nutshell is too broad of a term. I like to be specific.